Magento is one of the most popular ecommerce platforms worldwide. The platform was launched in March 2008 under the name Bento. Because Bento was already taken by FileMarker Inc., its founders decided to change the name to Magento, a combination between “Bento” and “Mage”. Based on its flexibility, Magento has quickly become more popular in the e-commerce world. Now, over 240,000 merchants use Magento.
Depending of the size of the business, Magento has three different platforms: Magento Go (for small businesses), Magento Community (open-source) and Magento Enterprise (for large businesses).
The most important features that Magento is providing are:
– multiple payment gateways (PayPal, Gecad ePayment etc.);
– the ability to create customer groups;
– set filters by category;
– easy to use and to manage;
– multiple ways of calculating the price (per piece, color, size etc.);
– review option;
– creating and sending newsletters from the admin panel;
– Google site map;
– flexible pricing system;
– the ability to manage multiple websites from one Administration Panel;
– translated into over 60 languages.
DirektHost offers fast professional support for Magento when our clients need it. We provide free support for small issues. For other issues like customization, module or other extensions installation our customers can request our professional paid support!